Welcome back, STEMians! Now is the time to begin filling out applications for scholarships for next academic year. Most STEM Applications are due by February 15. The majority of scholarships require that you have a completed FAFSA on file, so be sure to also get your FAFSA done by February 15.
To make the process as simple as possible, you can apply for almost all YSU STEM Scholarships by filling out one application, found here. If needed, you can pick up a paper copy of the application on the STEM Scholarship Bulletin Board outside of the Dean’s Office on the second floor of Moser Hall.
Additional opportunities are listed below (check out the financial aid website for all YSU scholarship opportunities), and all of this information and more can also be found here.
Be sure to like STEM Scholarships on Facebook so you can stay up-to-date on the latest scholarships!
For additional information, contact Emilie Eberth, STEM Outreach and Scholarship Coordinator, at 330.941.2884 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Myron Wick Scholarship in Science and Engineering: CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION
- Available to full-time Junior and Senior Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Environmental Science, and Engineering Majors
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Deadline: February 15th
Builders Association of Eastern Ohio and Western Pennsylvania Scholarship: CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION
Carol Lamb 330-941-4625
- Available for majors in Civil And Construction Engineering Technology
- Deadline: July 1st
Alan Jacobs Achievement in Environmental Studies: CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION
Geology and Environmental Science Department, Moser Hall 2120
- Refund for the cost of the textbook for students who receive an A in ENST 1500
- Deadline: 5 days before the end of the term
Ann Harris Scholarship: Geology and Environmental Science Department, Moser Hall 2120
- For Junior and Senior Geology majors with at least a 3.5 toward the cost of a summer field camp
- Deadline: March 1st
John and Lina Moteff Scholarship: Physics Department, Ward Beecher Hall 2023 CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION
- Available to science majors with first preference to incoming physics majors
- Deadline: February 27th
Dr. Ronald A. Parise Scholarship: Physics Department, Ward Beecher Hall 2023
- Awarded to physics majors with at least a 3.0 GPA, preference to Mahoning and Trumbull residents
- Deadline: February 15th
Help A Sister Out: Sherri Lovelace-Cameron, Ward Beecher Hall 5016 CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION
- Awarded to full-time graduate and undergraduate female African American students majoring in Biology, Chemistry, or Physics with minimum 3.0 GPA
- Deadline: March 15th