As the new Social Media and Newsletter Editor for the college, Jennie is now in charge of creating the monthly online STEM Newsletter and managing the YSU STEM social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, and the new Instagram account that she created.
She’s very interested in learning about all of the things happening around the college, so it’s great that she can get involved here and apply her writing skills to a job that suits her well.
As a freshman, YSU is a fairly new environment for Jennie, and she’s excited to explore the opportunities that the Honors College and the university have to offer. It’s likely that we’ll see some research work with her name on it in the coming years as well.
Like a true honors student, Jennie is involved in many organizations at YSU as well as in the community. Take a look at some of her experiences:
- Prospect Elementary School Pen Pals program committee member
- Hubbard Schools Honors Ambassadors representative
- Mats for Mahoning mat maker
- YSU Honors Trustees University Engagement Committee member
- Pre-Veterinary Society member
- Writing with Residents program coordinator
- United Way Young Women’s Mentorship mentor
After completing her studies at YSU, Jennie plans to earn a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree for domestic animals and pursue a career in exotic veterinary medicine.
In her free time, she loves to create oil paintings and surround herself with dogs. Follow YSU STEM on social media to see some of her work with the college!