Tau Beta Pi will be holding Engineering Futures Sessions again this year. The event will take place from 9am-2pm on February 10th. It is helpful for all students. The students will learn presentation skills and there will be problem analyzing sessions.
These are the given descriptions of each session:
Analytical Problem Solving
- The Problem-Solving Process
- Learn a structured process for problem-solving. Each step of the process requires two basic activities in order to perform it successfully: generating ideas through brainstorming and choosing the best idea to implement.
- Creative Thinking
- Participate in creative thinking exercises.
- Identifying and Implementing the Problem Solution
- Learn how to reduce a list of potential solutions and selecting the best idea(s) using specific evaluation techniques. Learn techniques to facilitate decision-making.
Effective Presentation Skills
- The fear of public speaking
- Learn and practice techniques for overcoming the fear of speaking in public.
- Formal presentation preparation
- Learn the “do’s and dont’s” of oral presentations. Create and deliver team presentations.
For additional information and to sign up for the events, please contact Tau Beta Pi President Tayah Turocy at email@example.com.